Thursday Thrills

Community Leader
Thursday Thrills
Wed, 09-18-2013 - 11:13pm

I love this thread, but sometimes it is a stretch to think of something exciting. Hmm...

I guess it's the story this week about a homeless man in Boston who found a backpack worth over $42,000 but he immediately turned it over to authorities so they could find the rightful owner. A different good Samaritan set up a donation site online and raised almost twice that for the original finder to get his due - amazing and thrilling. I think his days in the homeless shelter are over for good!  

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/18/20561328-tens-of-thousands-in-donations-pour-in-for-homeless-man-who-returned-backpack-with-42k?lite

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
Community Leader
Fri, 09-20-2013 - 1:25pm

Way to cut the cord! We have TWC everything to the point where we have a special "Signature" phone number and preferential service for problems. For these prices, they should just keep someone on site at my house just in case, LOL!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-19-2013 - 12:38pm

I know what you mean...sometimes there's just nothing very thrilling going on!!

I did see that in the news and was very excited to see that happen!!!  What a neat thing!

I'm thrilled to be taking the last modem to Time Warner today to get our phone service cancelled!!!!  The only thing we are keeping with them is internet.  Bye Bye TWC!!!!

Spring Siggy