Thursday Thrills

Community Leader
Thursday Thrills
Wed, 06-11-2014 - 11:33pm

I'm thrilled that Claire has been on a reading tear lately, ever she started her medicine for ADD. She is just loving books now! It's extra cool since none of the other 3 like to read. I have to have one taking after me, LOL.

What's thrilling with you?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-12-2014 - 2:28pm

That's great!!!  Go Claire!

I'm Thrilled that school is over for my kiddos!!  Another year under their belt.  However, not so thrilled that my Dylan is still struggling and his teacher pulled me aside on his field trip yesterday and told me to have him tested for a learning disablility right away in 3rd grade.  She said she went to the principal, but they don't like to do the early intervention anymore...they think the kids need to mature and to give them longer to catch on.  Well, she worked with him almost everyday one on one and she said he isn't where he should be in reading and writing.  He's getting tutoring this summer too!!   My poor Dylan!!  And DH of course wants to know "What causes this".....I'm like I don't know...it's nothing we did or didn't do....he just is having trouble!  URGH!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Sun, 06-15-2014 - 6:21pm

Try not to worry too much about Dylan. You are doing the perfect thing with the tutoring.

You never know what the testing will pick up. We thought it would show Claire had an LD, and instead we found out she had ADD. Who knew?!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com