Thursday Thrills

Community Leader
Thursday Thrills
Wed, 08-13-2014 - 10:17pm

I'm thrilled Katie wants her hair trimmed finally. It's down to her butt and is very pretty, but the ends desperately need some TLC and it'll look even better!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2014 - 1:17pm

That's good!!  How is Ms. Katie doing these days?  Any better?

I'm thrilled to be going to Chicago next week for a few days.  We are headed out Monday and will be back on Thursday.  We are staying at a water park hotel called Keylime Cove in Gurnee, IL.  Going to the Shedd Aquarium in downtown Chicago Tuesday and then hitting Six Flags Great America on Wednesday.  Boys are looking forward to a little time away, Riley even asked me if I was going to take dads phone away from him....LOL  I really should!!!!!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Thu, 08-14-2014 - 10:22pm

Perfect, tell DH to lose the phone or you guys will chuck it in the water, lol.

I'm happy you are getting a well-earned break - ENJOY IT!

Katie's hair looks great. They took off 4 inches, but it is still long - just even and healthy-looking.

She is still struggling with grief and depression. We gave her Matt's car since he is off to college. The first night, she stayed out 3 hours past curfew and lost it for a week. Why follow rules when we can die at any second, right? (Her justification, not mine obviously).

She has a therapist who she likes (unfortunately out of network so insurance doesn't pay a dime). She is getting a psychiatrist on the 25th to talk about medication options.  (Was on Prozac for a few weeks but quit because she felt like a "zombie.")

It has been a hard year.

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-15-2014 - 2:37pm

Sorry to hear Katie is still struggling...it's definitely a hard thing to overcome!  Hope the new Psychiatrist can help with meds.....once they can find the right one for her, I'm hoping it can make a world of difference!  She's got too much going for her to just throw it all away!!!!  But I'm sure you've told her that many times.  Hang in there Mama!

Spring Siggy