Tuesday Trivia

Community Leader
Tuesday Trivia
Mon, 12-23-2013 - 4:25pm

Danny (Katie's boyfriend) had some worrisome moles removed today that were diagnosed as melanoma. She doesn't know the details, but we think - hope - they were caught and removed early. He is only 18 years old!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-23-2013 - 4:59pm

Oh no!  I sure hope that they have caught them early!!!  I will be praying for him!  That's so scary!  I hope Katie is doing okay....kinda a big thing for such young kids to deal with not that it isn't difficult for anyone to deal with!!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Tue, 12-24-2013 - 9:44pm

Crazy, right? He's in good spirits. Getting loads of Xmas presents and looking forward to starting at Wake Tech with Katie in 2 weeks.

Katie said that the previous doc had said the moles were "fine" so I don't know if they really were all right then. She said the current doc told Danny that "without treatment he would have been dead in 2 to 5 years." I haven't heard anything from him yet, but I know melanoma is malignant and spreads fast. The weird thing is he puts on more sun screen and more frequently than anyone I have ever met in my life, just soaks himself in it (I noticed because the cans were all ours, LOL LOL)!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com