Wednesday Wondering

Community Leader
Wednesday Wondering
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 7:15pm

We know the Internet is popular, right?  Did you realize that Americans already have way more Internet-connected gadgets than people (and they aren't even counting e-readers)?  In the past decade the game systems, smartphones and tablets have exploded in the marketplace.  Pretty soon we're going to have a ton of web addicts who take a good thing too far and forget how to speak to other people face to face...

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/technolog/us-has-more-internet-connected-gadgets-people-1C7782791

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
Community Leader
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 5:34pm

My teens take the first day of vacation to "detox" when we go to the mountains since there is no Internet.  They feel very anxious and cut off from their web fix and then gradually they calm down, go outside and finally relax when they find other fun things to do. 

It's really sad that they even care what is on Twitter in the first place!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 11:21am

OMG..that is crazy!!!!  I just saw a report on the news how the husband told his wife that she spends more time on FB than talking to him.  She decided to remove FB from her cell phone as that is where she would access it most.  They were talking about how we will have people addicted to these products and they will be going to therapy to break the habits.....Totally Crazy!!

Spring Siggy