Wednesday Wondering

Community Leader
Wednesday Wondering
Tue, 06-04-2013 - 11:16pm

It's Wednesday and I'm wondering if you think Taco Bell is good or gross? (or what you thought before you look at this photo of an employee licking the taco shells - EEK!)

http://wgntv.com/2013/06/04/taco-bell-employee-posts-pic-of-him-licking-taco-shells/

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-05-2013 - 1:41pm

That is very gross...!!  I don't eat there very often ...like a couple times a year.  I may be never now!!!!  How about you?

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Wed, 06-05-2013 - 3:01pm

I got sick last time I ate at Taco Bell and thought it was going downhill, that is until Brie's Libby started working there, but she is going to turn these guys around. We can't have a world without tacos!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-05-2013 - 6:41pm

Yeah, Libby didn't think this was funny, and said she hoped he got fired. We were eating at TB long before she was working there, so yeah, not too cool. Not cool for anyone to do this in ANY situation in fast food. Really messed up.

But, I'll continue to eat at Libby's TB. They're all top notch according to her, so I'm not worried. :)

Though -- get this. Libby had a physical a couple weeks ago, and full blood work the other day (had to fast, and she fainted at the draw and threw up, and was throwing up for several hours later -- God bless her, she's just like me only worse). Her cholesterol came back high -- so high, the doc is recommending drastic changes (I don't know numbers, but will when they send the report to her). So. No more fast food for us (or soda, or anything fun, haha). If she doesn't get it, I won't get it.

Oh, and she got her direct deposit today -- $40. I'm thinking that's one day of work (she worked 5.5 hours that first day). Not too bad. For minimum wage and all that. LOL. Hey, it's money, and it's all hers. w00t w00t!!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Wed, 06-05-2013 - 10:12pm

Direct deposit is awesome!! I'm so proud of her. (Matt has somehow socked away a grand from the grocery store - even though he owes me $200 toward his iPhone bill, Dude. I'm glad I know where he lives.) Minimum wage adds up, especially when you don't have any overhead.

Libby is absolutely correct about that disgusting T.B. kid needing to be fired, wonder how the restaurant can claim they weren't served to customers (that time)? EWWW. Best not to dwell.

Did they mention she's too young to have high cholesterol? I am too, my worst was 265, but it does run in the family and we tend to live long lives so I'm not too freaked out. My cholesterol was highest when I was skinny and stressed so tell your girl to relax when she can! (Let us know the number, hopefully it's much lower than mine and they are just being proactive.)

Photobucket"