Wednesday Wondering

Community Leader
Wednesday Wondering
Wed, 04-30-2014 - 1:24am

So I pull up to the house after going to the grocery store and discovered Katie outside smoking a cigarette.

WHAT THE BLEEP?!

I said the real word, and she looked ashamed.

I know she is trying to find ways to chill since Danny died, but carcinogens "ain't it."

Explained how unhealthy and addictive cigs are and she seemed to comply, she even cleaned the kitchen to make up for her temporary insanity.

What would you do if you caught your kid smoking?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-30-2014 - 2:24pm

I'm so sorry about your daughter's boyfriend. I can understand the urge to smoke, having been a smoker myself as a teen. 

I think I would have handled it the same way. (((hugs))) 

“Are people born wicked, or is wickedness trust upon them?” 

Community Leader
Wed, 04-30-2014 - 11:15pm

Aw thanks, I really needed that virtual hug!

I wouldn't want to be 18 again for anything even though it's such an exciting thing -- to have your whole life ahead of you. There is just too much uncertainty.

As for smoking, she has good genes for it as there are loads of elderly smokers on both sides of the family tree but I don't want her to risk being the one who gets the short end of the cancer stick.

Even if they were "healthy," I saw cigarettes are like $5 a pack and she hasn't worked in the 2-1/2 months since Danny died (and not much before that, minimum wage, hostess). No, just no. We can blow our money on crazy stuff like food and college, lol.

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2014 - 4:27pm

Oh no!  I would have handled it the same way you have!!  Hope she can find some other "outlet" for her to cling to....!!  You did a good job Mom!!

Spring Siggy