QOTW: Sept. 18-24, 2005

iVillage Member
QOTW: Sept. 18-24, 2005
Wed, 09-21-2005 - 1:49am

If you currently work at home:

What led you to your work-at-home job/career? Were you able to bring a WOH career home? Did you start your own business?

If you're seeking

Join Me at the

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-21-2005 - 1:55am

What led you to your work-at-home job/career? Were you able to bring a WOH career home? Did you start your own business?

I became a stay-at-home mommy back in 1999, after working for a year as an Executive Assistant for our county chamber of commerce. Before that, I was the office manager for an architectural firm for 5 years. After a few years of just staying home, homeschooling my oldest son, one of my oldest friends called me and told me she was a Mary Kay consultant and asked if I'd be her guest at a meeting. I'd attended various Mary Kay events over the years and I'd actually had several consultants approach me about becoming a consultant myself, but I never really had my own consultant. I'd just casually by at a party and not really order anything after that. However, when Missy invited me to the meeting, this was a first for me. I'd had a really good time and she invited me back a few nights later for a customer appreciation night. I'd already been praying about whether or not to sign as a consultant, asking for clear direction. When our starter kit was offered half-price at the guest event... at a price that I could easily afford, I felt that was sign I was looking for.

Join Me at the