The following is a list of flirting "do's". Try to remember these flirting tips when flirting:
- Put a smile on your face, this is the most important thing you can do when flirting as it shows you are friendly, comfortable and enjoying yourself.
- Talk to the person you are flirting with about things you like and enjoy. For example if you like football, say you do. Avoid controversial topics or things you don't like. Saying things like "I hate..." makes you sound negative and being negative is always a mistake when flirting.
- While flirting make regular direct eye contact and hold their gaze slightly longer than usual but don't force it and don't stare. Try to make it look natural.
- Ask questions about the things the person you are flirting with is talking about to show you are listening and interested, even if you're not.
- 'I wonder' and 'I think' are good ways to start sentences when flirting.
- Ladies, playing with hair, a straw or stirrer can be alluring to men when done right!!!
- Give sincere compliments to the person you are flirting with, people love to be flattered.
- Casually touching the person you are flirting with on the arm or hand can be appreciated, but be careful and don't over do it.
- Sit up straight with your chin up when flirting, slouching will give off the wrong impression.
- If you are introduced, always offer your hand to shake, repeat their name and say hello clearly and ask a question to get the ball rolling.
- Remember, when flirting, use all the above in moderation, if you over do it, it will seem fake and forced.
Flirting Tips - The "don'ts"
The following is a list of flirting "don'ts". Remember these flirting tips when flirting:
- When flirting never use chat up lines, they simply don't work and will just make you look like a fool.
- Try not to fidget when flirting. Fidgeting will make it look like you are uncomfortable and nervous. This might well be the case, but you don't want to let the person you are flirting with know.
- Don't cross your arms across your chest as this comes over as defensive and the last thing you are trying to be when flirting is defensive.
- Never look down when speaking while flirting, look at the person you are flirting with and try to make regular eye contact. Remember you are flirting with them, you're not flirting with the ground.
- Try not to punctuate sentences with nervous ‘emm' or ‘huh' sounds and never use phrases like ‘y'know'.
- While flirting do not bite finger nails, pick at cuticles and never ever scrape dirt from beneath your nails, if you're out to flirt they should be clean already!!!