Here are a few tidbits I've learned-
1. For me, the outline view is much easier to look through. Just click on the red link at the top, and it will pull up a new window that lists the original post and its replies in outline form. Clicking on any post will open a new window in outline view, then you can just close it when you're done. Much easier than hitting back a bazillion times (especially for those of us with dial-up) in the regular view.
2. The "discussions" with the most recent replies will play leap frog on you and move to the top. This makes a post you made yesterday hard to find if no one has replied recently. Just scroll down a little farther if you want to check out your post.
3. If you are logged in, your posts and the ones that have been posted to you will be in bold. If you are not logged in, they will be normal. It's the same for posts marked "unread". If you've read something while not logged in, it won't be remembered.
4. If you edit your post, there will be a time stamp at the bottom telling everyone it has been edited.
5. Indenting is no longer a problem!
6. If you would like a profile, you will need to fill out a new one for the new board. I encourage everyone to do this, but you don't have to.
7. The yellow hats next to a person's name means they are a community leader. Blue means they are a community moderator.
8. You may choose a picture (avatar) to display next to your posts. CL's and CM's may choose their own, general membership may choose from iVillage's provided pictures.
9. You may post in either folder (general discussions and off-topic discussions) depending on what you are discussing.
10. The rating feature has been turned off (in case anyone was wondering).
That's about all my brain can provide right now! I'm sure I'll think of other things later! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. We'll try to get them answered.