1 small eggplants (peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces)
1 red pepper (diced into 1 inch pieces)
1 yellow pepper (diced into 1 inch pieces)
1 red onion (diced into 1 inch pieces)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped fine)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 lb orzo
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
10-15 basil leaves (cut in thin strips)
3/4 lb feta cheese cut in little cubes
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. In a large bowl, combine eggplant, peppers, onion garlic. Add olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Toss so that vegetables are all coated evenly (you may need a little more olive oil.
3. Roast on a large baking sheet for 40 minutes until browned. Turning after 20 minutes.
4. While the vegetables are roasting, cook the orzo according to box. (approx 7 minutes) be careful not to overcook. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the vegetables to the orzo and combine.
5. Cool to room temperature and then add scallions, pine nuts, basil (and feta).
Salt and Pepper to taste. (Drizzle lightly with olive oil if needed)
Edited 9/27/2010 11:29 pm ET by melissamorris18