Beans are "in" all over the country, and beans are easy (especially when you use canned)!
- 1 can (14 to 16 ounces) great Northern or white kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (14 to 16 ounces) garbanzo beans (chick peas), undrained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the beans in a medium-sized saucepan; bring to a boil, then drain. Mix in the remaining ingredients. Let cool, then transfer to a storage container and store, covered, in the refrigerator. Serve chilled.