Ok... so I'm going to attempt to make this short and not drawn out, but I doubt it will be. lol
Last Wednesday night 7/25, I started having contractions. I timed them and they were coming about every 6 minutes and they were pretty strong. So at 9pm we load the boys up and off the L&D we go. Of course once we get there, the boys can't really come to the room with me, so DH has to sit in the waiting room with 2 - 17 month olds that are now way past their bed time. They check me, not really dilating, but very soft. They gave me a bag of fluids and a shot of terbutaline to stop the contractions, then moniored me for 4 hours. The shot helped for the first hour, then the contractions started back up at random intervals. They sent me home about 2am. Poor DH and boys.
Drs appointment on Friday 7/27, still having contractions. He checked me, soft, not really dilating. Basically told me to go rest a bit and come back if they came faster or stronger. Still set for c section 8/17.
Yesterday afternoon 7/30, about 1 pm. Contractions come on with a vengence. 3-4 minutes apart, huring bad enough that I stop to catch my breath during them. Call DH at work, Call my parents 1 hour away...Everyone comes running. My parents stay with the boys (thank goodness) and DH and I load up and run to the hospital. They hook me up, and sure enough 3-4 minutes apart I'm having noticable contractions. They start the IV, get me going on fluids, check my cervix... soft... not really dilated. Apparently my body has decided it's just going to contract like crazy and not do anything while it's contracting!! They monior for several hours, and give me another terbutaline shot. This time it does't stop them at all, but it does space them out from every 3-4 minutes to every 6-7 minutes. Sigh... The doctor comes in, and tell me that she's sending me home and she wants me on bed rest for the next 4 days (other than Thursday when I have a dr appointment). She said that if it was next week, that the conversation would be completely different and off to the or we would be, but because he's not quite 37 weeks that she wanted me to go home and try to rest as much as possible (with 2 -17 month olds.. yeah). So we got to come home around 9pm last night.
I understand they want him to be healthy, but this mom is now exhausted! My parents are coming to be with me today and tomorrow, and then my MIL is coming Thursday and Friday. They'll rangle the boys and I'll curl up in my bed and attempt sleep. I'm just hoping to make it the next 4 days without having to call in the calvary for another false alarm!