1 head Napa cabbage
1 bunch minced green onions
1/3 cup butter
1 (3 ounce) package chicken ramen noodles, broken
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1. Finely shred the head of cabbage; do not chop.
- 2. Combine the green onions and cabbage in a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4. Make the crunchies: Melt the butter in a pot. Mix the ramen noodles, sesame seeds and almonds into the pot with the melted butter. Spoon the mixture onto a baking sheet and bake the crunchies in the preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven, turning often to make sure they do not burn. When they are browned remove them from the oven.
- 5. Make the dressing: In a small saucepan, heat vinegar, oil, sugar, and soy sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil, let boil for 1 minute. Remove the pan from heat and let cool.
- 6. Combine dressing, crunchies, and cabbage immediately before serving. Serve right away or the crunchies will get soggy.