So Thursday morning he was running a fever at about 5am. I called his pedi when they opened at 8am to see if he wanted to see him. Figured he would, but wasn't sure, I've never had a baby this little get a fever. So we go in at 10:30 to see the doc. He checks him out, he has a possible ear infection in his left ear. But since his fever was 100.3 at 5am, 101.4 at 8:30 and 99.3 in the office, he tells me that we need to be aggressive in treating it which means admission to the hospital and a bunch of tests, unlading a spinal tap to check for meningitis. All of the tests have come back negative so far, including the flu and RSV ones. We still have 24 hours left on some of the cultures. I'm kinda torn right now, with Quinn at home missing me but a sick baby in the hospital. Thankfully I do get to stay in here with him, even though I haven't been admitted.
Other than the fever and being all stopped up, he doesn't have any other symptoms of anything. He's still drinking really well, his usual 2-3oz every 2-3hrs, even took 4oz earlier this morning. He's hooked up to all kinds of monitors for his heart rate, breathing, oxygen saturation, and oxygen because the saturation isn't staying above 90% w/o it. Its a giant wait and see game with just supporting him to help him fight whatever he's got off.