1.5kg ground sausage
7-10 sheets puff pastry
5-6 slices bread
chicken stock powder (or cube)
1. Soak bread in water then squeeze out the water until doughy.
2. Mix in herbs, pepper, tomato sauce, chicken stock.
3. Fold in sausage mince.
4. Cut each sheet of pastry into two or three strips.
5. Brush pastry with milk or beaten egg.
6. Spoon sausage mix on to each strip and fold pastry into long roll.
7. Cut each roll into the desired size but don’t cut through to bottom.
8. Cut diagonal slits on top of each sausage roll.
9. Brush with milk or egg and place on baking tray.
10. Bake in hot oven for approx 15 mins or until brown then turn oven down to 160 deg. to cook for further 30 mins.
11. Cool off a little then cut pastry right through each sausage roll.