DD was accepted to the one college she applied to that has rolling admissions. It's tempting in a lot of ways - she'd get a whole year's worth of credit for her AP classes and probably merit scholarship money, and it's a state school that costs a tiny fraction of all the other colleges she's applying to. But it's about #7 on her list, and the odds are good she'll get into at least one of her top 6.
Right now she's biding her time until she finds out if she got accepted to her #1 choice on early decision. If the answer is no, she'll submit her applications to all the other universities. Given the cost of applying to each, she decided to have the applications ready by Dec 15 but not release them until she knows whether she was accepted to her first choice.