Are you debating on whether to get a fake or real Christmas tree? Are you worried that a real tree could trigger your child's allergies or asthma?
Here is an article that discusses the debate, and how molds on a real tree could cause a reaction in some people:
He asked colleagues at the Upstate Medical University in New York to provide clippings of bark and pine needles from the Christmas tree they’d had in their home.
He and his team found 53 different kinds of mould present on 23 samples, according to the research published in the Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
These weren’t everyday mould — 70 per cent were of the type that can trigger asthma attacks, sneezing and a runny nose. ‘I do think this study is very significant,’ says Dr Adrian Morris, an allergy specialist from the Surrey Allergy Clinic.
You can read the complete article at this link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2077843/Could-YOU-allergic-Christmas-tree-Pines-haven-moulds.html