Almond Crusted Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and cut in half
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 teaspoons of water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F and butter/spray baking sheet.
- Using your hands, lightly crush almonds into small pieces; set aside.
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound the chicken lightly until an even thickness.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Dip chicken in beaten egg, then press in almonds, covering chicken well.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 425°F for 10-15 minutes, until chicken is just firm (internal temp of 165 °F) and almonds are golden.
Meanwhile heat butter, lemon juice and basil in a skillet. Drizzle over cooked chicken breasts and serve.