Our house just closed today and we still don't have a new home. We found the perfect place - custom wood banners and kitchen but it went for multiple bids over asking. We stood on the sideliness bc we dont' like to compete with money AND we weren't totally sure until our sale was final. Now all the places we loved are gone. And new listings have dwindled. There is absolutely NOTHING closer to work in our price range so I'll be commuting over 30 mins for the next 20 years. Ugh.
So....we upped the price. We now have 2 contenders $50K over our initial budget. I was being conservative with the budget...but it means no maBettid service to wash floors or other luxury items.
I hate making any kind of commitment decisions. Frankly, it why I didn't get married until my 30s. I was sure I couldn't "pick" someone forever! I was proposed to by 4 other men before I said yes to my husband. Every other home we purchased has been a temporary choice. This is IT. This is the "until it is time to downgrade". Tough decisions!
Dh is panicking bc his brother is saying we are crazy to spend so much money. But I have a very realistic budget with lots of inflation room and fat. Like we don't necessarily need to spend $6k/yr on sports for the kids BUT if either of them excels in something we MIGHT.
Better make a decision quick....we have to be out in 30 days and closing takes longer here than in the US.