This healthy and delicious vegetarian chili recipe cooks in your slow cooker.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 10 oz. pkg. frozen corn
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup picante or taco sauce
In a heavy skillet, saute onions in the olive oil until tender, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer. Add cumin and cayenne pepper, and whatever other spices you might like. Cook for two minutes longer.
Mix all ingredients into a 4-5 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low about 10 hours. Serves 8-10