CP Sausage Barley Soup
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (48 fluid ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup uncooked pearl barley
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage, onion, and garlic until the sausage is evenly brown. Season with Italian seasoning. Remove from heat, and drain.
- In a slow cooker, mix the sausage mixture, chicken broth, carrot, spinach, and barley.
- Cover, and cook 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.