Make-A-Head Egg Casserole
Breakfast in a crock pot. This egg-cream mixture with frozen hash browns, cheddar cheese, cooked onions & bell peppers is combined the night before it's served.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green or colored bell peppers
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or half & half
- 1 bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp each of salt & pepper (or to taste)
Saute onions & peppers in olive oil & set aside. Slightly beat eggs with heavy cream or half & half. Add egg mixture, sauteed vegetables, hashbrowns, cheese, salt and pepper to crock pot. Cook overnight on low, and this yummy breakfast will be ready for your Christmas morning!
Notes: You can add any of your favorite breakfast foods such as crumbled bacon or chunky sausage, for a non-vegetarian dish! It's a good & easy holiday brunch idea.
Number of servings: 6