Shake and Bake coating mix, original chicken flavor, or your favorite bread crumbs
2 tbsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup flaked coconut
Dash white pepper (optional)
1 cup milk
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 egg white, beaten until foamy
2. To make the coconut crumb mix, combine Shake and Bake (or your own crumbs), powdered ginger, nutmeg, flaked coconut and white pepper (if using). Mix well and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine milk, honey, fresh ginger, brown sugar, and egg white. Beat together thoroughly.
4. Dip shrimp in milk mixture and roll in coconut crumb mix.
5. Bake in oven approximately 10 to 20 minutes depending on size of shrimp. Serves 6.
6. To make a real fancy dish: Serve on fried sweet potato strings. Just cut sweet potatoes into 1/8-inch or smaller julienned strips, deep fry, and drain on paper towels. Serve the shrimp on top and enjoy!