Winter Squash with Cranberry Risotto
- 2 14 1/2-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 (12-ounce) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed, drained (1 cup)
1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Sweetened Dried Cranberries
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and white pepper to taste
Additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low; keep warm.
- Melt butter with oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add rice; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add wine; simmer until all liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently. Stir in squash.
- Add 3/4 cup chicken broth to rice. Reduce heat; simmer until absorbed, stirring frequently. Continue adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding more broth. Rice should be tender but still firm to the bite and mixture should be creamy. This should take about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in sweetened dried cranberries and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. If desired, garnish with additional Parmesan cheese.
Makes 6 (3/4-cup) servings.