Greek Chickpeas and Spinach
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups precooked chickpeas or one 15oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill weed, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped or torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Using a large frying pan, saute onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
2. Add chickpeas and dill. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
3. Add the spinach, a little at a time. Drizzle lemon juice over all ingredients and cover with lid.
4. Cook 5 minutes or until the spinach shrinks. Stir to combine. Serve hot.