from Cooking Light (2004)
Creamy Parmesan Orzo
Unlike traditional pasta, this orzo isn't cooked in a pot of boiling water. Instead, it's cooked slowly in a flavorful broth that captures its starch.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 cup orzo
* 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
* 1 1/4 cups water
* 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 4 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted
Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add orzo, and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and orzo is done (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in cheese, basil, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with the pine nuts. Serve immediately.
236 (24% from fat)
6.4g (sat 3.2g,mono 1.8g,poly 0.8g)