Lime Cilantro Rice
Lime Cilantro Rice makes a flavourful bed for sweet corn cakes, filling for a burrito or a great side for fresh fish.
15 mL (3 tsp.) butter
1 lime, juiced
250 mL (1 cup) basmati rice
375 mL (1 1/2 cups) water
45 mL (3 tbsp.) chopped cilantro, or more as desired
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add juice from half of the lime and rice, fry while stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and cook, covered, until tunnels form in rice and water is fully absorbed.
- Add juice from the other half of the lime and more water if needed. Carefully stir and fluff the rice.
- Add cilantro as desired and serve.