Brown Rice Salad with Grilled Chicken
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
* 3 cups cooked brown rice
* 2 cups cubed grilled chicken breast
* 2 medium tart apples, diced
* 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
* 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
* 2/3 cup chopped green onions
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
* 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
* 1/4 cup cider vinegar
* 3 tablespoons canola oil
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* Lettuce leaves, optional
* In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over the rice mixture and toss to coat.
* Serve immediately or refrigerate. serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 9 servings.