· Stoves come in a wide variety of colors and sizes. Refrigerators come in different colors, heights and widths. Choose large appliances in a neutral color. This will save you money if you ever decide to change the color scheme of your kitchen.
· If you are purchasing new appliances that have to fit within a specific space, be sure to take the measurements when you go shopping. Guessing will not suffice. When your new appliances come into your newly renovated kitchen, you want to ensure that they will fit into the allotted space.
· Do not buy a refrigerator that has an ice dispenser unless you already have the appropriate plumbing or plan to install it. Refrigerators with ice dispensers need special plumbing.
· If your new refrigerator and/or stove will set beside your counter, be certain the depth of the appliance is correct. Otherwise, your new appliances may be deeper than the counter, which will distract from the beauty of your newly renovated kitchen.
· Small appliances, such as blenders, coffeemakers, toasters and can openers come in black, white, stainless and a variety of other colors. Keep in mind that neutral colors are best. You wouldn't want to have red appliances if, in the future, you decide to paint your kitchen green.
Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche"  and "Remodel & Renovate"  and CL for "Antiques and Collectibles" 
Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker 
Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, "Millenium Sampler", 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches