I have about a week to make a MAJOR decision (to me) with my pregnancy and I just don't know what to do. I'm looking for anyone that might have done any of these and what their opinions are.
I am 37 weeks along with a breech baby. My midwife told me at todays appointment that I have a decision to make by my next appointment next week (after I have another ultrasound to confirm that she is still breech).
1) Decide to have a C-Section. (This scares me TO DEATH!!!) I had a good friend that died 3 years ago from a C-Section and having her 3rd child. I know this is not the "norm", but when it's someone you know...it makes it more real.
2) Decide to try to have the baby breech-IF the doctors at the hospital I go to will allow it.
3) Schedule an aversion (sp?) and see if the hospital will give me the epidural for the procedure (there is NO other way I'm doing this w/o it) and then after the baby is turned, break my water to throw me into labor. Which I'm told that they would have to let the epidural wear off during those stages of labor because they would not want me on my back during the entire labor. Then turn the medicine back on later in the labor.
None of these appeal to me of course. All of them scare the heebie-jeebie's out of me.
Any thoughts, experiences etc. please......help