I an confused and upset at the same time. I am 37 weeks tomorrow and I just came back from my OB today. Since last week, he's been suggesting that I should have the amniocentesis done asap due to my marginal previa and we can do the c-section right away the next day.
I have been seeing a few Dr's in this office but it's only him who's mentioned this and the other OB's do not suggest the amnio. They just tell me that I should have my c-section done on my 39th week.
In 2 weeks, I'll be 39 weeks and I don't understand why my OB today insists on me doing the amnio. If I go into labor, either way, I'd have to deliver by c-section.
I'd really rather wait till my 39th week and schedule my c-section then w/out the amnio.
Please - any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!