Question of the Week...The topic-Laundry.

I made my own laundry detergent last night. Not only does it smell wonderful, but it works like a dream!

A very dear friend sent me the recipe. Although it's more work than just picking up a box of Tide, I am definitely sold.

To make, you'll need one BAR of Fels Naptha or Colgate Octogon laundry soap*, 1 cup of Arm and Hammer WASHING soda (not the same as baking soda), and 1 cup of Clorox 2 powder.

50 Uses for Vinegar

A warm welcome to our new community leader!

I'm very happy to announce that cl-miklynn will be taking over hosting duties on this board. She's a very resourceful lady who practices frugal living every day and is always a great source of ideas and inspiration. She's going to be a valuable asset to our community and is a great choice to host this board.

So, say hello...and let's start sharing ideas! :-)

CMPamL H&G Community Moderator

Need everyone's help...

I'm in the process of some research on frugality, finding out when homemade is less expensive, but equivalent or better in quality.

I'm asking for ideas to research. Do you have a special tightwad recipe that you've wanted to try but think it would actually cost more? Are you looking for a particular formula for laundry stains? Can bulk buying be a mistake? These are some that I'll be checking into, but I need more ideas.

I would also appreciate any tightwad formulas and recipes you've already tried and like.

Buying in bulk...

I'd like to hear from anyone who regularly buys bulk sized products. What do you buy? From where? Any online purchases?

Have you had any bulk boo-boos?

Mik

A Good Recipe for Sidewalk Chalk

1 c. plaster of paris

1/2 c. cool water

2 or 3 Tbsp tempera paint

disposable mixing bowls (marg. containers, etc.)

t.p. rolls w/1 end covered w/tape

Pour plaster into container. Add most of the water and stir. Add the paint and stir again, thoroughly. Make sure to mix all the way to the bottom of the mixture thoroughly. Add the rest of the water and stir again. Pour it into molds. Remove when thoroughly dry.

Permaculture anybody?

Frugal in theory

Are we the only people wnting to play here? lol..info inside..(m)

Wow -- Guess I'm first!

Hello! What is your favorite frugal living tip? Or, what do you do on a regular basis to save your precious pennies?

Here are a couple of mine:

1. I almost always buy generic...

2. but I don't deprive myself! I won't buy generic if I truly love a brand because if I feel deprived, I end up over-spending on something else.

3. I've been trying to browse less. No point in browsing when you don't plan on buying, right? This has worked very well for me.

So what anout everyone else?

Pages