With gardening at its peak, we found that most of our members are more concerned about moldy zinnias than whether their kids are making friends at camp. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration. But after a stressful summer of maintaining your garden, we feel that a good dose of laughter is well deserved. We also want to hear from you. How has your garden taken over your life?
- You stay up til 2 a.m. poring over your library of garden books and catalogs -- who ever knew pruning would be so riveting?
- Your trowel ends up in the dishwasher.
- You have photos of your garden right next to photos of your kids on your desk at work.
- The thought of receiving eight tons of dirt for your birthday thrills you.
- You have a personal vendetta against one particularly ornery squirrel.
- You hire a garden baby-sitter when you go on vacation.
- Your are lusting over your neighbor's pile of manure.
- You get on your hands and knees to weed despite the 100 degree heat.
- Every dish you make contains zucchini.
- On bad hair days, you get out the pruners.
A special thanks to iVillagers bscovell, zandcspeck, C60mad1, mishelle and angelos for their contributions!
How has your garden taken over your life? Click here to let us know and we'll add it to our list!
As the associate producer of the iVillage garden channel, Hayley is an avid gardner. Currently, she is trying to fight the aphids in her garden with lady bugs. Her next project is trying to get the lady bugs to stay in her garden.