Gardening is more than just digging holes and watering your plants -- it's about nurturing your soil and your soul. What's the best way to get in touch with what's growing in your garden and what's going on in your mind? A garden journal.
Your Four-Week Workshop Guide:
• Week 1: What do you love about your garden?
• Week 2: What are your garden rituals?
• Week 3: What does your dream garden look like?
• Week 4: How has your garden touched you emotionally?
Continue to get in touch with your garden by reading the incredible entries from the Garden Journal Workshop Contest! Covering topics from garden rituals to dream gardens, the entries listed below will touch your heart, make you laugh and most of all, make you want to go outside and get your hands dirty.
But Wait, There's More!
• Nurture your roots and come discover the joys of gardening on the Garden Journals message board.
• Start your own garden journal! Find out 5 things you'll need to do first.
• Get more inspiration from Fran with 4 lessons on journal writing and see how the mind of a journal writer works.
• Are you one of the many iVillagers who've created a "virtual garden journal"? Add it to our NEW Garden Journal Web Ring!
"What I love most about my garden is sitting on my glider and watching the butterflies and hummingbirds feeding on the flowers. Makes me feel very connected with nature. It's a very soulful feeling."
--iVillager cheryl_nature_lover in the Garden Journals message board
"Ten things I love about gardening: The instant gratification. The quietness. Cleaning my soul in the dirt. Being able to create something from my heart, then seeing something new in it everyday. Feeling closer to God. Planting food. Teaching the love of plants to my children. Creating new plants and new life. Eating food that is good."
--iVillager fl1978 in the Garden Journals message board