Photo Credit: Getty Images
- Sit with your legs straight and spread comfortably apart. Feet should be relaxed or flexed.
- With your right arm overhead and your left arm straight, breathe out and stretch down over your left leg.
- Hold while you count to three, then sit up with your back straight.
- Repeat with your left arm overhead, stretching your right arm down your right leg.
- Sit up. Keep your back straight and your head up.
- Breathe out and stretch arms and upper body forward for three counts.
- Repeat entire sequence.
This exercise stretches back, trunk and leg muscles, helps relieve backache, loosens the area between the vagina and rectum and prevents leg cramps.
Legs should be spread only far enough to feel a slight stretch, or the joint at the pelvic bones can be strained. There should be no pain.
VIDEO: Pregnancy Exercises