Photo Credit: Getty Images
Foods Posing a Choking Risk: Wait Until Your Child is Three Years Old
- Large amounts of peanut butter
- Large pieces of hot dog
- Whole grapes
- Hard foods that could break off in large chunks
5 Simple Safety Tips for Feeding Baby
1. Never leave your baby unattended.
2. Do not put your baby's spoon in your mouth. Surprisingly, sharing eating utensils could lead to baby tooth decay.
3. Once you open a jar of baby food, refrigerate food remaining in jar immediately.
4. If there are any leftovers from baby's meal, do not save.
5. Toss out any baby food that is left in the refrigerator for more than three days.