Photo Credit: Vin Diesel Facebook
When he isn't working hard on the 23rd "Fast & Furious" film (we KID! He's only filming the seventh one right now), actor Vin Diesel enjoys the musical stylings of Katy Perry and Beyoncé.
We're not surprised by this fact — who doesn't love a little "Dark Horse" and "Surfboard"? — but what was surprising was when the 46-year-old took to his Facebook page to post a seven-minute video of himself dancing and lip-synching to two of their songs in apparent celebration of successful DVD sales of his film "Riddick."
According to Diesel, he had just received a call from Universal informing him that the DVD topped of the sales charts and to express their interest in creating another installment of the franchise. While it was kind of Diesel to thank his Facebook fans for their devotion, the means were...surprising? Awesome? Strange? Maybe all of the above.
We took the time to watch the video (over and over), and have broken down the the most important parts for you. In GIFs, of course.
1. Things started off light with a hip rock that told us Vin was feeling the groove
2. Although, too be honest, the tongue had already let us know he meant business
3. A spin move quickly escalated things — and also reminded us that when he was a teenager he used to break dance
4. It's important to note that his lip synching was on point at all times
5. We're not sure what to call this move, but it's worth pointing out
6. Obviously the most important moment came when he showed us proper "surfboard" technique
7. And finished up with this part-surfboard, part-penguin waddle move
And there you have it. Good luck getting that out of your head.
And the original post for anyone interested: