- 1 tablespoon fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 whole-wheat flour, 96% fat-free tortilla (8" diameter)
- Scant 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shaved Rosemary-Grilled London Broil or lean, low-sodium deli roast beef
In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and chili garlic sauce to taste. Stir to mix well. Place the tortilla on a cutting board. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over about two-thirds of the tortilla to the edges. Top the cream cheese mixture with the pepper strips, basil, and roast beef. Starting at the filled end, roll the tortilla tightly into a tube, being careful not to tear it.
Space 8 toothpicks evenly across it and poke them into the tube so they go through and touch the cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut between the picks to make 8 pieces. Take one piece and push the toothpick through so that the roll is evenly spaced in the center. Repeat with the remaining pieces. Arrange, spiral side up, on a serving plate. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
Makes 1 serving
Per serving: 226 calories, 22 g protein, 30 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat (1 g saturated), 35 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 409 mg sodium
Just 1/4 cup of most jarred roasted bell pepper strips has about 300 milligrams of sodium, so it is best to roast fresh peppers yourself if at all possible.
From The Biggest Loser Cookbook