I love the Grammys. From checking out what the stars are wearing, to hearing the always-stellar performances, this is one award show that I don’t tend to fast forward through (well, um, maybe except for the Classical awards). That said, this year’s list of scheduled performers is nothing less than spectacular. Besides the obvious, much-anticipated Police reunion , which I’m so excited for I can barely stand it, there are so many others to look forward to. The Grammy people like to keep the actual song performances on the down low, but I’m using my Spidey-sense to guess that those with nominated songs will be said songs come Sunday night. So let’s talk about who’s belting out a tune:
- Hollywood’s recent ladies’ man, Justin Timberlake, is scheduled to perform with a contest winner that will be announced live. That has GOT to be good. Even if it’s in an embarrassingly bad way. Yay!
- Shakira and Wyclef are in for a hip-shaking duet (how does she do that?)
- Nicole Richie’s dad, Lionel, Smokey Robinson and Chris Brown (not sure where he fits in) are performing a singing tribute to male R&B artists
- Gnarls Barkley will, no doubt, makes us CRAZY with their Darth Vader-like outfits
- Hopefully we’ll be able to see Christina Aguilera behind her sometimes-humongous hair.
- John Legend will have us melting into our couches
- John Mayer is performing, but who cares? Will he and Jess make their red carpet debut?
- According to Grammy.com, the queen, Mary J. is getting down with Ludacris (who I find strangely adorable) AND the group who sings my favorite song in the ENTIRE world, “September”, Earth, Wind and Fire!
- Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson, and the other Dreamgirl will be girl grouping something from their soundtrack
Hardly a mediocre list. Seriously, I’m so excited I almost wish it were Sunday. I usually have that Sunday night dread of what’s to come on Monday morning, but not this weekend. I’m putting on my dancing shoes and crossing my fingers and toes that The Police sing “Every Little Thing She Does is Magic." What can I say? I’m an eighties lady.
Join us Sunday night for live blogging and first thing Monday morning for the big Grammy recap -- with loads of photos!