Smoky chipotle peppers make this quick, citrusy barbecue sauce special. Try this recipe with shrimp or pork chops on the grill as well.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat (8 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat grill or broiler to high. Lightly oil the rack.
2. Whisk orange juice concentrate, chiles, vinegar, molasses and mustard in a small bowl.
3. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Grill or broil the chicken for 2 minutes. Turn the chicken, brush with the chipotle-orange glaze, and cook, brushing occasionally with more of the glaze, 4 minutes more. Turn the chicken again, brush with the glaze, and cook until no longer pink in the middle, 2 to 5 minutes more.
Ingredient Note: Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapenos packed in a flavorful sauce. Look for the small cans with the Mexican foods in large supermarkets. Once opened, they'll keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.
Nutrition Information: Per serving: 152 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrate; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber; 251 mg sodium; 302 mg potassium.
Nutrition bonus: Selenium (30% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv).
Scaling Disclaimer: EatingWell recipes are tested extensively in the EatingWell Test Kitchen. Eating Well cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Also note that scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
Recipe and photo courtesy of EatingWell.com