Photo Credit: Kevin Mazur/Wireimage
Halle Berry and ex Gabriel Aubry continue to bring out the big guns in their custody battle over their 3-year-old daughter, Nahla. Berry appeared in family court on Tuesday, where she accused the model of neglecting their daughter overseas and putting her in harm's way while she was in his care.
In addition, the actress' lawyer provided a lengthy court document detailing Gabriel's parenting skills. She asked the judge to rule that Aubry violated the custody agreement in place. Because Aubry was not present in court, a hearing has been set for a later date.
This is just the latest chapter in the battle for the little girl. Aubrey, 35, first filed for joint custody of his daughter in January. In February, Berry's rep said that the actress, 44, had "serious concerns for her daughter's well-being while in the care of her father for any extended period of time and is prepared to take all necessary steps to protect her." The showdown resulted in some nasty back-and-forth between the two, but the tension seemed to have cooled by by April, when Berry said things were all good between her and her ex.
"I'm so happy we've arrived at that place -- because for her sake, this is the best way," she said at the time. "We both love her more than life."
We're not sure what went wrong since then -- or if Halle's sizzling new relationship with Olivier Martinez has anything to do with the bad blood between the parents -- but we hope they find a way to work it out amicably for Nahla's sake.