This is a fun activity to get any afternoon or any party started. Dancing is great exercise for children and adults of any age! However, children ages three and up can appreciate the rules of the game.
Age three and up
Indoors or Outdoors
- CD/Cassette Player with batteries or cord
- Halloween Songs and Tapes
Playing the Game:
- Prior to this activity or party, take your child to visit the local library. Find an assortment of Halloween or Halloween related music. My son has a terrific Winnie the Pooh Halloween tape with songs on one side and creepy instrumental music on the flip side. At my local library I have found tapes about spiders, aliens and monsters. You can buy music as well.
- Cue up the tapes or CDs to the songs you and your child like, or edit your own tape together.
- Gather the children around in the designated dancing zone and begin playing the music. Everyone starts dancing.
- Periodically, stop the tape or CD. Each time the music stops, the children must "freeze" by standing very, very still. Whoever moves is "out" and can watch the others dance or help with the music.
- Keep playing until there is a winner or until your children get tired!