This game is simple and easy to construct and can provide hours of enjoyment. Children can work on their math skills as they play because they must add numbers quickly and correctly to both play and win.
What this activity will develop:
Math, social and thinking skills
What you'll need:
• Egg carton without lid for each set
• Cardboard base, 10" x 12", for each set
• White glue
• 1 egg cup for each set
• 2 dice
• 12 beans for each set
What to do:
1. Glue the egg carton to the cardboard base.
2. Glue the egg cup to the lower right corner of the base.
3. Print the name of the game and the directions on the base.
4. Number the 12 cups as shown.
5. Place the 12 beans in the extra cup.
6. Make two or more sets of this game.
Rules of play:
1. Two players take turns rolling the dice and putting a bean in the cup or cups that equal the number rolled. Example: Roll a 6 and a 3; put a bean in 9 or beans in 5 and 4.
2. Play continues until one player fills all the cups. If all players are stumped, add up each player's empty cups. Low score wins.
Source: Learning Exchange