This unusual game encourages children to use non-verbal communication to win. Players are blindfolded and must arrange themselves numerically, communicating with teammates through sensory and physical means. This game builds social skills and teamwork and can be a fun birthday party activity.
What this activity will develop:
Math, physical and social skills
What you'll need:
• Blindfold for each player
8 to 15 players
What to do:
1. Play the game in a large, open area.
2. Have each player put on a blindfold.
3. The game leader whispers a number to each player. For example, if there are 12 players, the leader gives each one a number from 1 to 12, mixing up the order of the numbers. Keep track of the numbers on a piece of paper.
4. The goal is for the players to line up in numerical order, but no player may speak or make any sounds.
5. When the players have formed their line, they take off their blindfolds and say their numbers aloud, with the game leader checking to make sure they are correct.
6. The players then talk about the various ways they communicated information without using their voices.