This is a fun game for kids to play at a sleepover party. Children must search their vocabularies to come up with synonyms for common words, but can also be creative in word order and word association in order to help their partners guess the given word.
What this activity will develop:
Vocabulary and thinking skills
What you'll need:
• Index cards
What to do:
Print words from the Word List on index cards. Make two cards for each word.
Game leader 4 players
Rules of play:
1. Each team has two players. The game leader keeps track of the cards.
2. The game leader gives the same word to a member on each team.
3. The player on one team gives his or her partner a synonym for the word on the card. If the partner doesn't guess correctly, the player on the other team gives another synonym. The teams take turns until someone guesses the word on the card.
4. After the word has been guessed, the game leader gives the other partners a new word card.
5. The team that guesses the word first gets 1 point. The first team to reach 10 points wins. Switch positions for a new game.