Photo Credit: Getty Images
• Cook over medium heat until clear, stirring constantly.
• When mix thickens, add the soap flakes and talcum powder.
• Remove from heat and beat with an egg beater until smooth. Mixture should be thick.
• Store in a plastic container in refrigerator or use while still warm.
What you need:
• 2/3 cup dry starch or cornstarch
• 1 cup cold water
• 3 cups boiling water
• 1 T glycerine
• 1 cup ivory soap flakes or 2 T liquid soap
• calcimine pigment or food coloring
What to do:
• Dissolve starch in cold water.
• Smooth lumps and add boiling water, stirring constantly
• Thicken until clear but do not boil more than one minute.
• Add rest of ingredients (hot or cold).
Use on glazed paper, newsprint, wrapping paper, or on washable surface for monoprints.
Variation: Snow Paint
To 1 cup of the above fingerpaint mixture add:
•1 T white tempera paint or 1 1/2 cups soap powder or flakes
• 1 cup hot or warm water
• 1 tsp glycerine
Whip with an egg beater