You will need:
• 1 quart wide-mouth canning jar
• 1 dog biscuit cookie cutter
• 16 inches of a pretty ribbon
• 1 large envelope. (Punch a hole in the upper left hand corner.)
• 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
• 1 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
• 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar or white sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• Pinch of salt
1. Type baking instructions (see below) on a pretty piece of paper or card and tuck inside the envelope.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine: 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal, 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder, 1 teaspoon brown sugar or white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, pinch of salt .
3. Using a funnel, pour dry ingredients into the jar. Close jar tightly.
4. Tie dog biscuit cookie cutter and instruction card around the top of the card with a pretty ribbon.