From the Expert:
Here are the CDC's recommendations for staying healthy:
• Stay informed. Visit the CDC website
regularly to make sure you know what you need to know.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue out.
• Wash your hands often (especially after you cough or sneeze) with soap and water, or with alcohol-based sanitizer if you don't have soap and water handy
• Try not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth, as germs spread that way
• Stay home if you get sick
• Follow advice from your local public health authorities—Claire McCarthy, MD