Photo Credit: iVillage
Watch and learn as celebrity makeup artist and host of DIY Beautify Andrew Sotomayor demonstrates how to slim your face and enhance bone structure with highlights and contouring.
Here's what you'll need for highlighting and contouring:
- Translucent powder
- Taupe matte sculpting powder or cool toned bronzer
- Pearlescent blush
- Concealer brush
- Fluffy blush brush
Here is the step-by-step tutorial highlighting and contouring:
1. Apply a light shade of concealer under your eyes, across the top of your cheek bones and brow bone.
2. Prep skin by applying sheer loose powder. This helps other powder makeup to blend more easily.
3. Select a taupe shade of matte powder for light and medium skin tones. Use a neutral brown shade for deeper skin tones.
4. Using a small blush brush and apply the powder to cheek bones. This will enhance the shape and sculpt your cheek bones.
5. Apply the color to the tip of your nose, and along the sides of your nose up to the eye socket.
6. Apply the same color to the outer corner and crease of the eye. This is great for reducing the look of early morning puffiness, and adds natural looking definition.
7. Add shimmer to cheekbones to finish.
According to Andrew Sotomayor, everyone can benefit from learning how to contour and highlight their face. It accentuates your best features, minimizes imperfections and enhances your overall appearance.
Watch as contestants Amanda and Salli face off while attempting the perfect contouring and highlighting on DIY Beautify, featuring celebrity judge Kelly Bensimon: